e-Trikala SA is the Development Agency of the MUNICIPALITY OF TRIKALA in Greece. By creating infrastructure and providing services, e-Trikala SA aims to continuously create and implement applications based on Information and Communication Technologies on Transport, Energy, Social and Economic Inclusion.pe) 

Who we are

Since 2004, the e-trikala office, in cooperation with and in the line of the operational program “The Information Society” is acting in the fields of new broadband technologies, successfully implementing municipal projects. On the 8th of April, 2008, having the required experience, it was transformed into e-Trikala S.A., an emerging company, formed within the Municipality of Trikala. The Municipality is the basic stakeholder owning 99% while the rest 1% is owned by the local Chambers of Commerce.


By creating infrastructure and by providing services, e-Trikala continuously aims to the development of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) based applications, oriented to the improvement of all citizens’ everyday life, in a medium sized city, simplifying public transactions, reducing telecommunication costs and delivering new services related to the local way of life. Moreover, these ICT applications offer new ways and methods that enable citizens participate on policy-making, while in parallel establish local Government and Public Authorities as guarantors of local society’s every day proper, digital and distanced operation.


To achieve the above objectives, the company is actively involved in national and EU co-funded projects, with the ultimate goal of providing innovative ICT solutions for all citizens, posing an important helper for local authorities and other stakeholders in the region. It also participates in European projects of various categories (FP7, CIP-PSP-ICT, CIP-THEMATIC NETWORK, AAL, INTERREG IVC, Erasmus +, HORIZON2020).